One of the most useful plants to add to the garden is aloe vera. Hence, it requires little attention and very useful. Aloe is very popular because of its benefits for the skin. Applying it regularly in the face overnight can treat different skin issues like sunburn, acne, and eczema. Also, one can get the benefits of aloe vera on the face overnight by directly applying it and leaving it on the face.
If you want to try its effectiveness, you can buy an aloe gel over-the-counter or make your own. Also, you can break the plant and apply the gel-like substance directly on your skin. However, some people might have a bad reaction to it. That is why it is good to do a patch test first.
Make Your Own Aloe Gel
Moreover, follow these simple steps if you want to make your own ready to use aloe gel at home.
- Cut the leaf from its plant close to the roots.
- Clean the leaf and pat dry.
- Put it upside down in a bowl or glass and let it sit for 15 minutes. Hence, it will allow the yellow extract to flow out of the leaves. This yellow liquid is its latex that can cause harmful side effects for some.
- Cut the pointed end of the leaf.
- Also, drain the latex on the other side.
- Soften the leaf by pressing it.
- Get rid of the spines on both sides of the leaves.
- Slice the leaf on the middle and peel of its outside green layer.
- Scoop out the gel using a spoon.
- Using clean water, wash the gel.
- Put the gel inside a clean and dry container with a seal.
- Refrigerate it before using it for a more refreshing feel.
- It can last up to two weeks inside the fridge or freeze for longer shelf life.
One can get all the benefits of aloe vera on the face overnight by using it as a face mask or moisturizer. The following are ways on how you can reap all the goodness of this plant.
1. Facial Wash
Aloe vera is a good cleanser for the face. By gently massaging it on the face, it clears all dirt and excess oil. You may wash it off with cool water and dry the face. Also, you can use a toner with aloe vera.
2. Face Toner
Moreover, you can make your aloe toner. Hence, mix part 1 part of aloe gel with two parts of water. Also, put it inside an airtight bottle and store it inside the fridge. Make sure to shake it before applying it to the face using a cotton ball or pad.
3. Cure for Insect Bites
Another aloe vera benefits for the skin is for insect bites. You may apply the gel to the affected area and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. However, it is better to clean the part with insect bites before applying the gel.
4. Mild Wounds and Cuts
If you are not allergic to aloe gel, you can use it in a minor wound or cut. Therefore, use a bandage to cover the area after applying the gel. You may reapply the day after if needed.
Furthermore, aloe vera benefits for skin with fungus. Hence, one can apply it two to three times a day for one to two weeks.
Another aloe vera uses for the face is for dry skin and other parts of the body, then aloe gel can help.
7. Cure for Acne and Rosacea
Another great use of the gel is to cure acne. Therefore, make your solution using 2 to 3 drops of lemon and one tablespoon of aloe gel. Hence, it is good to put it inside a sealed container in the fridge. Before you apply the solution, clean the face, and apply it on the acne spot or scar. However, you may also use tea tree oil instead of lemon.
8. Treat Sunburn
If you have a sunburn, you may choose to apply a chilled aloe gel on the affected area. Therefore, you may do it for several days or until the skin color goes back to normal. Also, you can make a spray using 1 part of the gel with two parts of water. Additionally, avoid the eyes when using it on your face. Aloe vera uses for the face, especially for sunburn, is a very effective treatment.
9. Mild Burns
In case of accidental burns, you may use the gel to cover the burned skin. Also, cover the area with a clean bandage after application. However, you may need to clean the area the next day and apply it again.