Grapefruit has a sweet and sour taste. Hence, It contains vitamins and nutrients that are good for your body. It is no wonder why grapefruit oils that came from it are the best choice for many. Therefore, it offers a lot of uses and benefits.
Grapefruit essential oil is common as aromatherapy. Hence, it has various effects on your skin, which can make it lighter, smooth, and clean. It also gives a fresh fragrance that can balance your mood. Therefore, you can also use grapefruit oils as an aroma by diffusing them in your room or car vents.
Other benefits of grapefruit essential oil in aromatherapy are:
- It cleanses your body
- Boost your immune system
- It gives you a warm feeling
2. Treat Acne
This oil contains minerals and nutrients that help your skin to fight acne. Hence, it has properties that help to remove dirt on your skin. It also carries vitamins that can treat scars.
The following are some steps on how you can apply grapefruit oil to your skin:
- Get a mixing bowl and pour it with 1tbsp of baking soda.
- Add 2tsp of honey and your grapefruit oil.
- Mix until it became thick.
- Gently apply it to your face.
3. Healthier Hair
Because of the pollution from the environment, you indeed struggle with how to make your hair healthy. However, fear not because grapefruit oils can remove dandruff and give you clean and shiny hair!
What to do:
- Add drops of oil to your shampoo
- Gently massage your hair with it
- Rinse with clean water
4. Relieve Stress
Studies say that inhaling grapefruit will help to reduce your stress. Also, it gives you an inner peace that can change your day. Hence, it is proven that this oil has a cool and relaxing effect. It can also clear your mind to lower your blood pressure.
Here are some steps on how it can relieve your stress:
- Soak the cotton ball into the oil
- Inhale it directly until you feel better
- You can also blend it with different essential oils
- Apply it to your forehead
5. Weight Loss
Taking grapefruit oils can reduce your appetite, which will later result in weight loss. Therefore, it is suitable for people who want to lessen their calories. It also helps to minimize your cravings and hunger.
What to do:
- You may add 1 or 2 drops of grapefruit oil to your water.
- Drinking it every morning can manage your weight.
- Do it after eating a meal.
6. Odor Remover
Grapefruit oil can remove bacteria and odors naturally. Hence, its properties can give you a fragrant and clear scent in any part of your house. Also, it is good floors, rooms, woods, kitchens, and bathrooms.
You can diffuse five drops of grapefruit oil to the places you think it is needed. Leave for 15 minutes and let it absorb the effects of the oil.
7. Use as Toner
Using this oil as a toner can also give you a fresh vibe every morning. Therefore, it can help to make your skin healthier by removing oil and dirt. It cleanses your pores, which makes your skin smooth.
You can consider doing the following steps:
- Start by getting a spray bottle.
- Add 1tbsp of hazel and three drops of grapefruit oil.
- Shake the bottle to mix the oils.
- Spray it to your face and let it dry.
8. Healthier Heart
Consuming grapefruit oil can be useful for your heart. Likewise, it reduces your chance to suffer from high blood pressure and heart diseases. A study conducted three times daily over six weeks has seen a significant improvement in lowering cholesterol levels. Also, it is because grapefruit oils contain potassium and fiber that may boost your heart.
9. Eating Disorder
Moreover, grapefruit oil is said to be a cure for eating disorders. Also, it gives a calming effect to your stomach, which is great for your digestive system. Indeed, grapefruit oil must be considered as one of the oils you need at home.
For internal intake, you can do the following:
- Take note to consult your doctor first before anything else.
- You can add a few drops of Grapefruit oil to your water and shakes.
- Remember not to overdose yourself to avoid complications.