There are different options for traveling, like travel by air, sea, or land. But traveling can cause motion and seasickness. Are you wondering the reason behind feeling sick while traveling? If you always feel bad while traveling, here are some of the amazing facts you need to know.
1. You Feel Dizzy
It is the most common symptom that you can feel when you are feeling unwell when traveling. It is so bad that it makes you want to throw up. But even when you throw up, the dizziness will not go away. Aside from getting dizzy, you can also experience other symptoms. Like, cold sweat an extra spit in your mouth. You will not stop feeling sick if you do not stop moving. Meaning, if you travel for days, your sickness would also last up to days. But doctors found a way to prevent and treat your motion and seasickness.
How to Prevent it?
Here are the things that you need to do to prevent feeling sick.
- Always keep looking forward or focus your eyes on something in the distance.
- Be still and avoid your head and body from moving.
- Choose a sitting spot where you will not feel the vehicle’s movement the least. You have to be in the middle of the ship or over the wings of an airplane.
- Before and while traveling, do not eat too much. You only have to eat a small part of the food.
- From time to time, allow yourself to get some fresh air.
- Refrain from reading while you are traveling. Doing this can make you feel dizzy.
- You must not be drinking alcoholic drinks or smoking before traveling.
But when you feel that your sickness is not getting any better. Your doctor can recommend you some medicines to take before you travel. These medicines are pills that you can take through your mouth.
These pills are available over the counter. But you can also use travel sickness bands if you do not want to take pills.
2. Products to Use
The following items that you will see are the top-rated products. Most people use these for their motion and seasickness.
This product is a type of travel sickness band that you can wear. Whenever you ride a boat, train, or bus, make sure you are wearing this band.
MQ Motion Sickness Patch
It is a type of patch that works the same as a scopolamine patch. This patch also helps to ease your gastrointestinal tract. It prevents you from getting dizzy and vomiting. A lot of people find this product very effective. But it is not recommended for those who are pregnant.
Same as the scopolamine patch, this product is also not waterproof. Hence, it is not the best option for you to swim or do any water activities.
Reliefband for Motion and Morning Sickness
It prevents you from feeling sick during your travel. It works by stimulating the nerve on the bottom side of your wrist. Many people recommend this product except for those who are very sensitive to metals.
Sea and motion sickness is one of the most common sicknesses that you can experience. Do you know what causes it? You will feel sick when there are some disturbances in your senses. These senses include your eyes, ears, brain, and muscles. Your ears help you in keeping your balance. They send information to your brain about what is happening around you. If you move a lot, you might lose your balance, making you feel dizzy. As for your brain, it takes in all the information. But sometimes, your brain gets confusing signals. Whenever your brain gets confusing information, you can feel sick.
4. Natural Remedies
If you are not a fan of medicines and buying things, ease your problem using natural remedies. Here are some of the foods and methods that you can use to ease your sickness.
- Raw ginger
5. Tips When You Feel Sick
To help the discomfort that you are feeling, here are some tips that you can learn from.
- Drink plenty of fluids. The medicines that you take for your sickness can cause dehydration.
- When you are on a ship, stay on deck. Staying in confined areas can make you feel the ship’s movement even more.
- Carry a plastic bag with you if you are not used to traveling. Your body may not respond well to traveling by plane and ships. It can make you at risk of dizziness and vomiting.