It is important to know that vitamin E is not a single vitamin as it is composed of several fat-soluble vitamins and loads of antioxidants. It is not new that antioxidants play a vital role in preventing free radicals from oxidation. These free radicals are linked to serious health conditions like premature aging, heart problems, diabetes, and even cancer. Some of the benefits of vitamin E are in the form of oil that can be applied to the skin.
The beauty of this type of vitamin is the fact that it is widely available in drugstores, specialty health food stores, and online stores. However, it is important to be very cautious when buying health products like supplements online.
1. Great Source of Antioxidant
People use vitamin E benefits for its antioxidant properties. It is mainly used to safeguard cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. The best thing about this nutrient is the fact that it is abundantly found in foods. The body can store it and use it for future use, so there is no need to overdose your body with this vitamin. It has eight different compounds but the most active form in humans is the alpha-tocopherol.
2. Healthy Cell Growth
If there is too much free radical in the body it will surely undergo oxidation that can speed up aging and cause great damages to cells. These dangerous molecules can weaken healthy cells that can lead to chronic illnesses. Vitamin E capsule uses as a potent antioxidant that can slow down the damages caused by free radicals in the body and prevent the aging of cells. It can help the cells to live healthy and longer in the body.
3. Other Beneficial Research
There are plenty of studies that relate vitamin E uses to the treatment of diverse degenerative diseases such as high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, heart diseases, and cancer. These scientific-based researches found out that taking vitamin E in the diet or as a supplement can aid in preventing the incidence of these diseases.
4. Provide Extra Protection
Vitamin E benefits those people who are at risk of developing lifestyle diseases due to environmental factors and unhealthy habits. This vitamin can help people who are smoking, individuals exposed to air pollution, and protect the skin from exposure to UV rays from the sun. All of these outside conditions can promote the development of free radicals within the body and it is good to know that vitamin E uses as extra protection.
5. Benefits to Skin
Aside from taking supplements and eating food rich in vitamin E, you can also opt for the oil and experience some of its potential benefits to overall skin health.
- Moisturizing- If you will go through the supermarket, you will notice that most skin moisturizers come with vitamin E as an important ingredient to avoid skin dryness and flaking.
- Wound healing- Some researchers linked vitamin E uses for faster wound healing. The use of topical oil can provide a similar benefit, but there are not enough research-based evidence to prove this claim.
- Prevent Skin Cancer- There is a study done in 2013 in mice that showed the potential of vitamin E in preventing growth on cancer cells in the skin. This is after exposure to a huge amount of ultraviolet rays, and this prompted a lot of suggestions that vitamin E in the form of oil can prevent skin cancer. However, there is not enough scientific evidence to prove its effectiveness in treating cancer.
- Reduce Skin Itching- The truth is that vitamin E capsule uses as medication or application of oil will not treat infections and allergic reactions on the skin. However, its ability to moisturize the skin can provide temporary relief to itchiness.
- Can Aid in Psoriasis- There is one study that shows the benefits of vitamin E to the decrease of psoriasis symptoms. This is a good option only for those with mild symptoms but does not show great effect in treating the worse case of psoriasis.
- Aids in Sunburn- There is little research done in the effect of it for sunburn relief, but the fact that it can give enough moisture on the skin makes it an ideal ingredient for the most lotion to treat sunburn.
Always consider an allergy test on the skin before using any topical product with vitamin E to avoid allergic reactions. However, taking vitamin E as a supplement does not shows any adverse side effects to a large number of people.