Acne breakout is one of the most common skin problems experienced by both men and women. According to statistics almost 85% of the world’s population experience having acne sometime in their lifetime. You will find treatment for acne available in drugstores, it can be a topical treatment or a medication. However, some of them might give undesirable effects like skin dryness and the worst acne breakout. This side effect has encouraged many to look for another way to treat acne safely in their own home.
Many will surely result in finding helpful information on the internet and you will find various suggestions, this article can help you find the right home remedy for acne according to your individual needs. The following suggestions are backed up by scientific explanations.
1. Use of Apple Cider Vinegar
The use of apple cider vinegar for different purposes has to gain popularity nowadays because of its ability to prevent and kill diverse types of bacteria as well as viruses. This type of vinegar is produced by fermenting the unfiltered juice from pressed fresh apple or apple cider. The effectiveness of apple cider vinegar in treating acne comes from its organic acid called succinic acid. This acid can stop inflammation caused by P. acnes and prevent scarring of the affected area. Also, its lactic acid content made it useful as home remedies for pimples.
Oily skin is one of the factors that encouraged the growth of more bacteria and lead to acne breakouts, and apple cider vinegar can dry out excess oil.
1. Use 1 part of ACV in 3 parts of water, but it is advisable to increase water in case you have very sensitive skin.
2. Clean the face with gentle soap and water, apply the ACV mixture on the face using a clean cotton ball or pad.
3. Let the mixture sit on the face for at least 5 to 20 minutes, then wash your face with water and pat dry.
4. You can repeat the process once or twice a day or as needed as an efficient treatment for acne.
Take note that the application of AVC directly on the skin without diluting it with water can cause burning sensation and irritation.
2. Consider Taking Supplement with Zinc
Zinc is an important trace mineral that is responsible for immune system function, cell growth, metabolism, and hormone production. There are lots of studies that involve zinc to treat acne. According to researches, people with lower zinc intake in the blood tend to develop more acne compared to those with clear skin.
One study conducted in 48 participants with acne breakouts they were given a zinc supplement three times every day for eight weeks. They significantly experience 80 to 100 percent reduction of acne. The right dosage for a home remedy for acne has not been established but several findings recommend using 30 to 45 mg of elemental zinc every day to relieve acne.
It is important to take note not to overdose with zinc because the limit of taking it is 40 mg a day. An overdose in zinc can pose a detrimental effect on overall health.
3. Honey and Cinnamon
These two natural ingredients are rich in antioxidants and applying it on the skin as topical treatment has been proven to treat acne in comparison to over the counter benzoyl peroxide. The antioxidant compounds that are good as home remedies for pimples are vitamin B3, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, and linoleic acid. Similar potent antioxidants found in honey and cinnamon is responsible for its positive effect on acne treatment.
1. You need 2 tablespoons of honey mix with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and form a paste.
2. Clean the face with gentle soap and water, apply the paste on the face and leave it for t least 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the face mask with water and pat it dry.
4. Use Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil comes from the extract of Melaleuca alternifolia, which is a small tree that comes from Australia. These leaves are known for their ability to stop the growth of bacteria and decrease skin inflammation makes it an ideal treatment for acne. Several researchers resulted in the reduction of acne on the skin with the application of 5 percent oil from tea tree leaves. Also, the use of oil on the skin shown positive side effects such as decrease dryness, burning sensation, redness, and irritation.
1. You need 1 part of tea tree oil and mix it with 9 parts of water.
2. Use a cotton swab, dip into the mixture, and apply on your pimples.
3. You can apply some moisturizer and repeat the entire process at least once or twice a day as needed.