Unlike other health issues, infertility is not dangerous for many. However, if a couple is trying to have a baby and having a hard time, it becomes an issue. It is not only about women. Men also need to know if they have problems. Actually, there are different factors connected to it, and it is good to see a doctor.
Signs in Women
For women, the following are signs of infertility problems:
Some women experience pain while having sex. Hence, it might be a cause of a more serious problem.
2. Heavy Period
Women experience during period differs. Some may experience very light, light to heavy flow during this time. However, if you experience heavy, painful, and long periods, you need to see a doctor. Hence, it might be a sign of a serious illness. It can lead to female infertility.
3. Blood color
Moreover, if you notice a different color than your usual blood, then it might be a sign. Consequently, a normal one looks bright red at the start. It will turn dark red as it ends.
4. Irregular period
A period happens because of the release of an egg. Therefore, if you experience miss periods, then you are not releasing any egg. It might be a sign of female infertility.
A recent study in 2018 finds out that being overweight can badly affect reproductive health.
6. Inability to get pregnant
Obviously, one of the main signs is not getting pregnant. Age can affect a woman’s ability to have a baby.
Signs in Men
For men, it is important to look out for the following signs.
7. Inability to get an erection
There are different causes of this health issue. However, if a man regularly experiences it, then it means a problem. It might be a sign of male infertility.
8. Ejaculation problem
In case you notice a decrease in the amount or any changes, it is important to seek a doctor’s advice.
9. When you should see a doctor:
Some may not need to see a doctor as it is not a serious health problem. However, if you want to have a baby, it calls for a quick visit to your doctor. You might need to see a specialist if:
- You are over 35 years old and trying to get pregnant for more than six months
- Men and women at the age of 40 and above
- You have irregular and painful periods
- Women lose their baby
- People who go through treatment for cancer
10. Causes in Men
- Abnormal sperm count. Hence, it might come from issues at birth or health illnesses.
- An issue in the delivery of the sperm
- Moreover, pollutants can cause male infertility.
- Smoking is also bad for men, especially if they want to have a child.
11. Causes in Women
- The release of eggs plays an important role in getting pregnant.
- Abnormal changes in the uterus can affect pregnancy.
- Also, if the period stops at an early age, it might cause a woman not to have a baby.
- A surgery in organs important for pregnancy can stop it from happening. So, it is good to see a doctor for some advice.
- Having cancer or treatment can affect a woman’s ability to get pregnant.
- For easy pregnancy, it is good for couples to have several intercourses. Hence, it is done during the release of the egg.
- It is good to avoid bad habits like smoking, drinking, and the use of drugs.
- Also, it is important to avoid hot baths and tubs.
- As much as possible, avoid taking any medicine.
- Above all, exercise every day for a healthy body.
- Do not use any tobacco products. It will affect the overall health of the women and the baby. Therefore, one should quit earlier.
- Women should stop drinking alcohol.
- It is good to stop drinking coffee.
- A woman who is overweight may experience a hard time getting pregnant.