Spiders have different fangs and venom. Luckily, most spiders around us are not poisonous, and fangs are not that strong. They insert poison into their enemy to paralyze them. Also, they use it to catch food like other insects. Likewise, the spider venom is enough to stop an insect from moving. Therefore, it can give them enough time to eat them. However, some of them have powerful poison that can kill their enemy.
Moreover, poison from this creature can give mild to serious side effects on humans. It may cause nerve damage, pain, itchiness, swelling, infection, or death. For that reason, a bite needs quick medical attention. If not treated, it may cause infection and lead to death.
The following are interesting facts that you should know when it comes to spider venom.
1. Tarantula is Harmless
Many people think that a tarantula bite is deadly. Hence, it is not true. This type of spider has a small gland that carries poison. Also, the pain is similar to a bee sting. Also, some bites will not feel anything for some people.
2. Most Spiders are not deadly
Some types of spiders can, indeed, cause harm to health. However, the majority of them will not be likely to bite people. Hence, if they do, it will leave a strong poison to kill us. However, most spider bites can give an uncomfortable feeling like pain, itchiness, redness, and swelling of the affected area. Above all, it will not make you a human spider man.
3. Female Spiders Love to Eat the Males
Unfortunately, female spiders eat males, but it depends on the species. Likewise, it can happen before or after mating. It is the inspiration for the name black widow. It is the type that eats their male partners.
4. Most Poisonous Spiders
The most poisonous spiders in the world are the Atrax robustus. Hence, it is according to the Guinness World Records. It comes from Australia and likes to live in a wet area like under logs and around the garden. Also, it is large with a black and shiny body enough to see it from afar. Therefore, it will give you enough time to stay away from it. Luckily, there is antivenom from its bite discovered in 1981.
5. The Danger of Wolf Spider
You can look out for its black, gray, or brown color with dark stripes. It can give you swelling and redness of the skin. Hence, it is one of the most poisonous spiders, and they eat insects. If you do not want to encounter, then stay away from rainforest, mountains, wetlands, and deserts. It is good to make a noise as you enter an area, so they can hide and will not bite. Additionally, wolf spider loves to carry their little ones on their back.
6. The Danger of Banana Spider
There are three types of this species, but the most dangerous is the Brazilian wandering spider. Hence, it is the type that you should avoid. A bite from it can cause immediate death to mice and very dangerous to children. This deadliest spider is very easy to spot its hair body and large body.
7. Most Poisonous Spider in the United States
A piece of information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there are two poisonous types of spiders in the US. It is the brown recluse and the black widow. Hence, the black widow is more aggressive than the brown recluse. Therefore, it is good to pay attention around if you are inside the garage, basement, or attic. A bite will only happen if they feel trapped.
Moreover, the brown recluse can survive even in extreme cold weather and the heat of the summer.
8. Spiders are Food for Other Animals and Insects
They are the usual prey for animals like birds, snakes, lizards, and other spiders. Some insects can also paralyze the spider, such as the mantis, while the wasp can bury the spider alive.
9. Spiders have more than One Eye
Furthermore, some type does not have any eye whole other have more than eight eyes. Therefore, their eyes are sensitive to light and dark. Also, they know if danger is coming, so they act quickly.
10. Pesticides are Not Effective with Spiders
Unfortunately, spraying of pesticides will not push way deadliest spiders. Therefore, they will come back to places even after spraying a pesticide. Most of them are not affected by the chemicals in it. The best way to stop it from coming inside the house is to seal cracks around the house.